Take this 6 facts:
- Worldwide over 852 million people go hungry.
- 79% of annual world cereal + soy harvest is consumed by the 20billion "farm- animals".
- To produce 1 kg of meat, you need 7-16 kg corn or soy beans+ 15.000 litres of water.
- On the surface, which is needed to harvest 1 kg of meat, could generate, in the same period, 200 kg of tomatoes or 160 kg of potatoes.
- 50% of water pollution in Europe are caused by factory farms.
- The contribution of livestock to the greenhouse effect is the same as that of the entire global, auto, air and waterway together.
GO VEGAN ! ♥
Redirecting even a portion of the grain used to fatten cattle could feed every hungry mouth on the planet.
- Forks Over Knives